The challenges smart and creative people encounter often include anxiety, over-thinking, mania, sadness, and despair.
Specifically, the challenges that smart people face include:
- “racing brain syndrome”
- living in an anti-intellectual culture
- finding ideas worth loving
- dealing with boredom and hypersensitivity
- finding meaning in their lives and their work
- struggling to achieve success
In Why smart people hurt, psychologist Dr. Eric Maisel draws on his many years of work with the best and the brightest to pinpoint these often devastating challenges and offer solutions based on the groundbreaking principles and practices of natural psychology. Learn to use logic and creativity to cope with the problems of having a brain that goes into overdrive at the drop of a hat. Questions at the end of each chapter guide readers to creative individualized roadmaps to a calm and meaningful life.